If your paper or panel is accepted you are required to register as a member of the society. For more details about the society and how to become a member go to the society’s website.
The society, an international body, was formed in 2006 in order to achieve the following:
- To facilitate discussions and exchanges between Defoe scholars;
- To encourage Defoe scholarship through the organization of academic panels, the eventual establishment of regular meetings, and the creation of an informal newsletter;
- To build a website, on which will be posted an ongoing database of new Defoe publications;
- To establish a relationship with libraries with significant Defoe collections, and to seek to access, and to post on our site, select primary documents shared by those libraries;
- To discuss pedagogy in relation to Defoe’s corpus and;
- To encourage increased public awareness of Defoe and his work.